When to Take a Child Affected With Cerebral Palsy to a Doctor ?
Please monitor the progress of your child so as to detect the cerebral palsy symptoms in time, if following abnormal conditions occur at the times of birth or immediately after the birth.
- Complications during the labor, pregnancy and delivery
- Low birth weight
When Should the Child Visit Child Care Provider ?
Take your child to the care provider if
- Your child has seizures and fits.
- Your child’s movements are unusually jerky, abrupt, devoid of coordination, slow, twisted and contorted.
- Your child’s muscles are abnormally tensed and limbs on the other hand are floppy.
- Your child is unable to blink in response to a noise disturbance by the time he/she completes one month.
- Your child is unable to turn the head in response to a noise disturbance by the time he/she completes four months.
- Your child is unable to reach out for a toy by the time he/she completes four months.
- Your child is unable to sit up without support by the time he/she reaches seventh month.
- Your child is unable to utter words by the time he/she completes twelve months.
- Your child develops left hand -right hand orientation before completing twelfth months.
- Your child has strabismus or squint eye.
- your child does not walk or
- Your child walks with Babinski (toes upward) symptoms and has unusually stiff gait.
The above list though exhaustive is not not complete. So please keep in touch with the child care provider always if it was case of abnormal pregnancy or if your child was weighing low at the time of birth.